Diego Moreira – Benfica

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    JRJR

MUTD/NYRB u21 29/3 bids 500k on Diego Moreira of Benfica

eviloevilo

Damn…. Was hoping he’d be available for next window.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

FC Barcelona/Boca Juniors 28/1 bids 2 million on Diego Moreira of Benfica

XerxesXerxes

Wow, you gonna have enough time to get a 2nd u21 GK bro?

X

jamesjames
            Keymaster

X

yeah, that’s an issue. 1 of your bench players has to be a gk.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by jamesjames.
              ZizouZizou
              Keymaster

X

yeah, that’s an issue. 1 of your bench players has to be a gk.

Correct. Blaugrana has up until the trade deadline, which expires after the last new free agent bid clears 24 hours, to acquire a backup U21 goalkeeper unless JR counter bids and frees him up to make a bid which would have to come in the next 4 & 1/2 hours. All things being equal, this is a poor allocation of bid time, IMO, but the previous counter bids also didn’t help either. Unless he can pull it off and engage in a trade prior to but time is running out and due to the timing of this counter, JR is in control somewhat.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

The dumb new guy gets no credit. 😉 Gavi will clearly be one of the greatest GKs of all time, so I’m covered. I spoke with the FM folks this morning and the game will be updated before 12pm PST to reflect the player’s additional position.

LuigiLuigi

The dumb new guy gets no credit. 😉 Gavi will clearly be one of the greatest GKs of all time, so I’m covered. I spoke with the FM folks this morning and the game will be updated before 12pm PST to reflect the player’s additional position.

Is this for real?

What if Gavi is suspended or injured and has to sit out for few games?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by LuigiLuigi.
                    BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Is this for real?

What if Gavi is suspended or injured and has to sit out for few games?

Absolutely for real! FM are updating the game for me today. New patch in less than an hour I’m told. 😉

LuigiLuigi

Lmao sure. You have something up your sleeve I understand

As Evilo said, the bew guy IS the shark.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by LuigiLuigi.
                        BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

No sleeves today. I’m wearing a cropped tank top.

ZizouZizou
                          Keymaster

The ironic thing here, in Blaugrana’s case, is that this tactic of flexing financial muscle and making increased offers to players that look to be headed elsewhere is one that Real Madrid employs.

Trying to hijack Pablo Torre, the latest example.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

The ironic thing here, in Blaugrana’s case, is that this tactic of flexing financial muscle and making increased offers to players that look to be headed elsewhere is one that Real Madrid employs.

Considering the nature of this league and that of the real world, not sure I agree. In fact, I don’t. And it’s not like Barça didn’t “hijack” Malcom.

With regards to financial muscle, I think JR has as much if not slightly more to spend as I do. Anyway, I guess counters are frowned upon.

ZizouZizou
                              Keymaster

Considering the nature of this league and that of the real world, not sure I agree. In fact, I don’t. And it’s not like Barça didn’t “hijack” Malcom.

With regards to financial muscle, I think JR has as much if not slightly more to spend as I do. Anyway, I guess counters are frowned upon.

I’ve got no skin in this game. Some teams in the real world do this often. Real Madrid in the real world does it most. Some GMs in this league do this, obviously. Some don’t, or at least anywhere near as much as those who do it often and some have their own rules, which to each their own. You’ve probably done it the most of anyone this window, your first, and that’s what Real Madrid does in real life, and that was the only observation I was making, which I found ironic and that made me chuckle, nothing more.

At any rate, it’s an observation I made because I was trying to think back of the last time I saw any counters on the final day and couldn’t think of one and FM12 was my first season.

Anyway, carry on.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I’ve got no skin in this game. Some teams in the real world do this often. Real Madrid in the real world does it most. Some GMs in this league do this, obviously. Some don’t, or at least anywhere near as much as those who do it often and some have their own rules, which to each their own. You’ve probably done it the most of anyone this window, your first, and that’s what Real Madrid does in real life, and that was the only observation I was making, which I found ironic and that made me chuckle, nothing more.

At any rate, it’s an observation I made because I was trying to think back of the last time I saw any counters on the final day and couldn’t think of one and FM12 was my first season.

Anyway, carry on.

Well again, I think the Madrid commentary is well off base considering the obvious context some of which I’ve already pointed out.

As for the counter and counters, long story short, there is a strategy there not least of which “re-building” all three of my teams and that’s not to mention I can’t bid on the 10 or whatever guys I want to for the U 21 team on the same day. And for every single counter I’ve made, bar the one time I countered myself, I PMed everyone after the fact telling them it wasn’t personal and that of course they’re free to counter me back and that I wouldn’t take that personally. If anything, I didn’t counter about 2-3 other guys I wanted to and the commentary I’m reading here is part of the reason why.

And for the record, “the shark” even offered interest free loans of not insignificant amounts to at least one person in need.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • The topic ‘Diego Moreira – Benfica’ is closed to new replies.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23