Euro 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    ZizouZizou
    Keymaster

Hopefully Italy can win it on merits alone, despite the obvious home advantage to the English. I did pick England to win it before the tournament started, as far as my gambling habits. I picked France or Italy to win but I actually put money on England because of the odds. I’ll stand to win 400 if England win. But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that England got that penalty call. Felix Brych has been the best ref of the tournament, I think. England just needed things to go their way, the same can be said about any team that wins a national tournament. They were awarded the ability to host these matches, they got the easier road to the final and they got some fortune, as shady as it seems. It’s straight sus. But that’s been football for 80 years.

GoonerGooner

I agree with the majority of what you said – only comments I have is that Wembley was only assigned as a majority venue when a couple others pulled out as being venues, but I agree still very strange England had pretty much every game there. Easier route, but still had to get through Germany, and Holland too if Czech didn’t knock them out. I still think we are the underdogs going in, but I hope we can pull it off!! It’s coming home!!

jamesjames
        Keymaster

Well, the better side won. He made the decisions that got them to the final, but that loss is squarely on Southgate’s head. Rashford-Sancho-Saka, too much pressure for such young inexperienced shoulders. When I saw Sancho step up to take a pk, I couldn’t believe it, and I’ll bet neither could he.

After Italy tied the score 1-1, I told the wife, England would need a miracle.

GoonerGooner

Congrats to Italy! Definitely hurts, but they deserved it on the day. Proud of the boys!

jamesjames
            Keymaster

As if it wasn’t bad enough they lost the match, this is going to be a huge stain on English football. UEFA and FIFA should come down hard on England for this and decent fans are the ones that are going to take the hit. It will not surprise me if this happens at club matches all around the country in the coming season.

Wembley breaches of security at Euro Final

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23