favorite songs

Viewing 11 posts - 136 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I’ve found more acts from Canada the past decade or more than I ever thought were out there. Alvvays have a few solid efforts. I quite like this one.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I’ll stay in Canada with Wolf Parade. Second track I’ve posted by them and it’s a Dan Boeckner as an opposed to a Spencer Krug track which I tend to prefer, though they make a great duo if you ask me.. That’s intentional here as subsequent posts will feature Boeckner. Back to their debut album even. One of my favorite current acts.

jamesjames
        Keymaster

when I was a kid in Los Angeles, there was a show on Sunday evenings (after prime time and the local news) called “The Sunday Sports Final” hosted by Jim Hill who had been an NFL cornerback. it was great to see highlights from the local sports teams from the weekend. The intro and outro music was from ELO’s “Fire on High”. I still get goose bumps when I hear it. It’s one of my favorite instrumental tracks. Jump to 2:41 and 4:18 for the parts they used as the show theme music.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Continuing on from my last post, Boeckner’s next project after Wolf Parade was Handsome Furs which in my opinion yielded three strong albums. Sadly the band ended when their relationship seemingly ended. Here’s a track from their first album.

jamesjames
            Keymaster

Kris Kristofferson, singer-songwriter and actor, dies at 88

Rest in peace Mr Kristofferson

• This reply was modified 5 days, 4 hours ago by jamesjames.
              BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

So I’m going to cheat with this one. Continuing the Boeckner theme with Operators. I need to explore them more, but definitely some tracks I like and seemingly an evolution to a degree of Handsome Furs even though I prefer the latter. Really like both of these tracks though.

Boeckner was also in Divine Fits with some of the guys from Spoon, but I haven’t taken to much of their album. I like this track, but Boeckner isn’t on vocals.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I’m declaring this covers week, so post some of your favorite covers along with the original.

Big Cat Stevens fan thanks to a good friend. Recently heard this Father John Misty cover of “Trouble” and thought it was pretty good.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Day 2 of Covers Week gang.

I’m guessing this one needs no introduction. All I’ll say is Neil Young…. Wow. Still, Hendrix sort of made it his own and love the intro to his version.

jamesjames
                    Keymaster

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I love the original here, but seeing as how The Clash are probably my favorite band I love their version too.

jamesjames
                        Keymaster

I love the original here, but seeing as how The Clash are probably my favorite band I love their version too.

Both are on my Spotify Playlist.
                          I’m up to 35 Playlist with about 40 songs each.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 2 hours ago by jamesjames.
                        Viewing 11 posts - 136 through 146 (of 146 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23