favorite songs

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    jamesjames
    Keymaster

I know it’s only rock and roll but I like it. One of my favorite bands and one of my favorite songs.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by jamesjames.
      jamesjames
      Keymaster

this got me right in the feels.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Another Swedish artist I like. You might have heard of them. My favorite track by them.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

jamesjames
            Keymaster

On the opposite end of the spectrum. Three beautiful Mexican sisters playing heavy metal rock.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

When I first heard The Animals, at least to the best of my recollection, it was when one of their tracks was used in the opening credits for an 80s show about Vietnam. That was “We Gotta Get Outta This Place”. Always liked that track. Then “The House of the Rising Sun” sort of turned me off to them. In the last year or so I’ve sort of come across them again and they definitely have some tracks that I like. This isn’t my favorite, but this is one of theirs I like.

jamesjames
                Keymaster

“I met my first love at thirteen
                  She was brown and I was pretty green
                  And I learned quite a lot when I was young
                  When I was young”

that’s what I remember about hearing that song for the first time.

I could listen to “house of the rising sun” all day.

jamesjames
                  Keymaster

If you haven’t seen this in a long time or maybe never seen it, lots of fun. Unfortunately there’s a spot around 43 minutes where the video loses sound for a couple of minutes.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by jamesjames.
                    BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

“I met my first love at thirteen
                      She was brown and I was pretty green
                      And I learned quite a lot when I was young
                      When I was young”

that’s what I remember about hearing that song for the first time.

I could listen to “house of the rising sun” all day.

“House of the Rising Sun” turned me off to them at the time, decades before. I now don’t blame the song so much as their sound in general. I think then it was a surprise because I liked “We Gotta Get Out Of This Place”. Now though I appreciate their sound, and Burdon’s vocals, much, much more. Not one of my favorite bands per se, but I think they’re well underrated.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

If I know three of their songs it’s a miracle and of the two I know one is a cover. YouTube recommended this to me for whatever reason and I do indeed like it. Video is fun too.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Another track/band that I feel it’s taken me too long to get to.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA.
                          BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I suppose since I went with Joy Division yesterday I might as well go with a band that gets credited for being influenced by them. I liked Interpol’s first two albums but they seem to have stalled since then. Haven’t listened in a while, but this is probably my favorite from them.

jamesjames
                            Keymaster

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Haha, nice one James. Arguably my favorite Ramones track. Love the title and the premise. Have to put the studio version here too:

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

For some reason I’ve been listening to this lately. Went through a serious Depeche Mode phase, but it was during their Song of Faith and Devotion period. Still, liked quite a bit back then.

Obvious choice, which I know is sung at some football matches/grounds, followed by perhaps a less obvious one.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 146 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23