favorite songs

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Definitely some other songs I prefer from Fleet Foxes to this one, but this is my favorite off of their last album. And it’s that album that I always listen to during this time of year as Summer slowly fades. Still arguably my favorite “current” act and I’m waiting to see what they release next.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Another band I need to explore some more, but I have at least two of their albums on vinyl. I’ve heard they’re quite good live too.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Back to Belle and Sebastian. Not sure if I mentioned it the first time, but story goes they entered some contest where if you submitted an album and were chosen you’d get 10,000 quid. The rest is history and what a run they’ve had. Still brings me back to my college days. This is off their second album. While I wouldn’t say I spent the Summer “wastin’”, I feel as though my Summer mirrored the lyrics in my own way (where I didn’t anything “significant” and still enjoyed the Summer months).

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

It’s that time of year and we’re seriously living it in WI right now. Too bad I’m working too much, but a little time off is on the horizon. One of the deeper tracks and very much that Doors sound, but for me it just shows how much they churned out in such a short period of time.

jamesjames
            Keymaster

I think I’m gonna be playing this one a lot. Drummer probably needs a 15 minute break after every song.

jamesjames
              Keymaster

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

Back to The Smiths. “I still love you, only slightly less than I used to.” Some really good lines in this one.

jamesjames
                  Keymaster

time to jump in to the way back machine

ZizouZizou
                    Keymaster

Listened to 4100+ tracks to come up with this playlist

ZizouZizou
                      Keymaster

The tears that welled up watching this series on Netflix with Erick (Xavi4life), on New Years Day, less than 24 hours after having to say goodbye to our family dog of nearly 20 years, made it an easy pick for me for song of the year last year. I didn’t get to share this memory on the mountain like we originally planned to because Erick had to coach his footy team in a tournament so we missed getting to share the moment together when it happened. Getting to relive it with him to this incredible soundtrack at the end of this wonderful series took my breath away.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

As big a Smiths fan as I am, I’m an equally big Morrissey fan who has a very good catalogue himself. Surprised I haven’t posted a track of his yet. My exposure to many of the bands I like has been somewhat after the fact. The Smiths were broken up before I got into them and quite probably ever even heard then. Morrissey was a few albums into his solo career as well. If Vauxhall and I wasn’t my first introduction to his solo work, it came only shortly thereafter. The album works as a whole and has plenty of tracks, but “Billy Budd” is a track that I just loving sing in my own Morrissey voice. The album and the track, along with a lot of his other tracks around that time highlight for me the supporting act he had behind him. Pretty sure some of those guys were with him for quite a while too. Anyway, I like this fan video to go with the track:

18464 wrote:

The tears that welled up watching this series on Netflix with Erick (Xavi4life), on New Years Day, less than 24 hours after having to say goodbye to our family dog of nearly 20 years, made it an easy pick for me for song of the year last year. I didn’t get to share this memory on the mountain like we originally planned to because Erick had to coach his footy team in a tournament so we missed getting to share the moment together when it happened. Getting to relive it with him to this incredible soundtrack at the end of this wonderful series took my breath away.

I’m not familiar with that track, but I like it. Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to have a look at your list as well.

jamesjames
                          Keymaster

New music from The Pixies? Yes please!

jamesjames
                            Keymaster

jamesjames
                              Keymaster

I get chills every time I hear her sing

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

I don’t know The Jesus and Mary Chain that well, but I have their Stoned and Dethroned album which I really like as a whole and as a concept album. This is more their sound though and I like this track.

I can’t remember if this was in Lost in Translation too.

18509 wrote:

I like this.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23