Round 24 (S22) : Newcastle United FC v Leeds United FC

Restricted content Forums Match Results Championship Matches Round 24 (S22) : Newcastle United FC v Leeds United FC

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ZizouZizou
    Keymaster

NUFC – Pellegrini out 3 rounds, straight red card

KawaiKawai

This is crazy! Third game in two rounds that I get a player sent off and lose that game despite the man advantage! Explain that to me cause I donโ€™t get it!
        GG Santi! Thanks for simming Z! Obviously not blaming you for anything

ZizouZizou
        Keymaster

This is crazy! Third game in two rounds that I get a player sent off and lose that game despite the man advantage! Explain that to me cause I donโ€™t get it!

It’s tough luck, unfortunately. I personally don’t think the sim is harsh enough on teams being a man down but you’ve been unlucky too. It’s not a bad idea though, and I’m not saying that this would have helped in this case, to include management instructions for when teams are a man down against you. Maybe you change things up and go more offensive? It’s up to you but I could see how if you approached a game defensively away (not saying you did, per se), maybe you change it up after an opposition red card? Whatever instructions I’m giving to follow I will to the best of my ability, on your behalf.

BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

So you’re saying your player simulated and got the opposition player sent off?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ If you can guarantee me I’ll be up against 10 men every match I’ll give you 10 goal Haaland. ๐Ÿ™‚

eviloevilo

FM engine is crazy and certainly not improving this year.
              Just yesterday I lost a home game to a much weaker team. I had over 5(!) xG and the opponent had 0.20.
              They won 1-0.
              My team was scoring over 4 goals a game over the season too and unbeaten so it’s not like I had trouble scoring.
              I know it can happen IRL. Just not a few times a season.

jamesjames
              Keymaster

One of the more important things to remember is our matches are simmed as one off friendlies. Depending on tac, lineups, home/away and manager instructions, anything can happen. The sim and simmer do not take into account what your players and team have done to this point.

ZizouZizou
                Keymaster

One of the more important things to remember is our matches are simmed as one off friendlies. Depending on tac, lineups, home/away and manager instructions, anything can happen. The sim and simmer do not take into account what your players and team have done to this point.

This.

Unfortunate but true. A shitty necessity.

Zooka7Zooka7

I mean unpredictable results are a reality of football. Results are often against the run of play and xg.

I think thereโ€™s enough parity in each division that weird results are actually realistic

Zooka7Zooka7

But Valencia better not beat me away this round ๐Ÿ˜‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23