Round 25 (S22) : Internazionale v AZ Alkmaar

Restricted content Forums Match Results Premiership Matches Round 25 (S22) : Internazionale v AZ Alkmaar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ZizouZizou
    Keymaster
      ZizouZizou
      Keymaster

The streets of Milan were painted black and blue as I Nerazzurri once again became Premiership champions, clinching the title in the penultimate round of Season 22.

Not sure what to say but I’ll give it my best shot.

I remember the day a few years ago when Xavi4life and I were living together, he said to me in our parlor as we were discussing that year’s Pre-season aspirations in the Premiership at whatever point this was, “no one wants to see you win.” I immediately didn’t know what to think about what he had said because I didn’t fully know what he meant so my face just froze with a half-smile not knowing how to respond. Then he continued, “you’ve built by trade and free agents like the best or second most stacked Premiership team, that you keep, and with all the sims you manage, you’ve got a great sense of what works in the game which always makes you competitive… so everyone roots against you (your Prem team) because everyone’s trying to beat it.” And man, I’ve always remembered that.

He was right, I think. That was absolutely fair, I mean. And it was, in my opinion, the trade for Messi and Mbappé that paved the way for that. That trade gave me the team that won back-to-back Season 18 (Borussia Dortmund) and Season 19 (Inter) titles and established our position at or near the top of the table with both of them on the field. But winning a third Prem title with them now in the last season of their era together, is a big relief after a few seasons of coming really close and falling just short. It feels truly rewarding because honestly, to win a league title, so many things have to go right for you along the way. You need the team. Your tacs have to work. You need sim luck. You need health. You need other GMs to struggle. You just need to be the horse that crosses the line first, really. So, I’m really happy because I know how hard it is to do and how much harder it gets every year that GMs continue to relentlessly try to get better and better.

This is my 6th Premiership title in all. Seasons 12, 14, 16, 18, 19 and now 22. And I’m already really looking forward to trying to defend it post-Mbappé.

And potentially, post-Inter.

I’ve thought of potentially leaving Inter for over a season as my heart has had eyes for other clubs as of late, besides my one and only FCB. I haven’t decided yet. But if I do, it’ll truly be the end of an era and I’ll have felt happy to have ended my run at Inter on a winning note. But who knows, I may stay put. Because I’ve loved Inter since the days of Zanetti and Cambiasso, even overlooking that they brought Figo in. Anyway, I look forward to trying to create a new era post-Mbappé and post peak-Messi to compete against all of you again next season.

INTERNAZIONALE DEVI VINCERE

jamesjames
        Keymaster

Congrats Z. Amazing side you have there.

eviloevilo

Congrats Z !
            Well deserved !

Xavi4lifeXavi4life

Congrats my man! Great win in one of the toughest seasons yet.

Funny enough, I do remember saying that. I didn’t mean it in a resentful way, just in a friendly competitive way.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Xavi4lifeXavi4life.
              BLAUGRANABLAUGRANA

And here I thought nobody wanted Xavi to win. 😉 Seriously though, congrats on the win Z. I thought you were going to win it last year too.

ProPAINProPAIN

Congrats Zizou!

KawaiKawai

Congrats Zizou!

Zooka7Zooka7

Congrats Z well deserved and thanks for your sacrifices making this league run! By far the best fantasy league I been a part of

XerxesXerxes

Great accomplishment Zizou, I know I always love getting results against Inter because they’re so rare. Great team, bro!

And yes like Zooka said thank you so much for everything you do to make this place happen!

X

GoonerGooner

Congrats man!

RamerRamer

Congrats Z!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23