Season 20 U-21 Talk

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ZizouZizou
    Keymaster

*Key – All categories like Top Earner, Key Player, etc are determined by FM.

This is the 21st season for the Dynasty Liga U-21 League.

Season 20 Champions:

Flamengo proved any doubters wrong, outlasting the challenge of Vasco da Gama to take host the U21 trophy for the first time. As always, teams have made many changes rolling into this season and every team has lost players due to graduation. Flamengo made a slew of changes prior to the transfer window, a different strategy for the title holders.

Season 20 Teams:

COLUMBUS CREW (30/3)
      Owner: Roberdino
      Assistant Manager: Tony Pulis
      Captain: –not yet selected–
      Top Earner: Pedri
      Lowest Earner: Igor Gomes
      Key Player: Pedri
      Hot Prospect: Joelson Fernandes
      Zizou’s Key Player: Darwin Núñez
      Oldest Player: Carlos Augusto, 21
      Youngest Player: Joelson Fernandes, 17
      Average Age: 20

Last Season Prediction: 13th
      Last Season Finish: 6th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 11th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 7/1

Zizou’s Thoughts: Never one to put too much emphasis on expectations, Roberdino enters this season hopeful of a dream season. With new blood and fresh recruits ready to shine, Columbus aims to be one season away from developing their fresh faces into ready-made talent but this season might be one shy. Still, with the exception of right back, Columbus has multiple viable options at multiple positions and a few blue chip gems in there for the future.

FLAMENGO (30/3)
      Owner: ProPAIN
      Assistant Manager: Marcelo Gallardo
      Captain: Mason Mount
      Top Earner: Mason Mount
      Lowest Earner: Torben Rhein
      Key Player: Kai Havertz
      Hot Prospect: Tanguy Nianzou
      Zizou’s Key Player:
      Oldest Player: Mason Mount, 21
      Youngest Player: Sala, 17
      Average Age: 19

Last Season Prediction: 2nd
      Last Season Finish: 1st
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 2nd
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 7/2

Key Categories led: Passing, Fitness, Composure

Zizou’s Thoughts: It is pretty easy to assume that now that Flamengo have the monkey off their back, that they can offer up a repeat of last season, or even a rare double. There is no ceiling for ProPAIN’s CR Flamengo, however. The passing ability of some of their players is what we love about football. As long as they don’t overcomplicate things, it seems only they can prevent themselves from making it two in a row. Knowing the number of graduates they had, ProPAIN was smart to plan ahead and announce a number of deals before the start of the transfer window that refilled its’ rankings, lessening the burden of needing to make a lot of bids to replace players. This shrewd move could prove to make all of the difference in repeating.

INTER MIAMI (30/3)
      Owner: Bryn
      Assistant Manager: Sean Dyche
      Captain: Jude Bellingham
      Top Earner: Reiss Nelson
      Lowest Earner: Kido Taylor-Hart
      Key Player: Bukayo Saka
      Hot Prospect: Jamie Bynoe-Gittens
      Zizou’s Key Player: Gabriel Martinelli
      Oldest Player: Eddie Nketiah, 21
      Youngest Player: Jude Bellingham, 17
      Average Age: 18

Last Season Prediction: 9th
      Last Season Finish: 12th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 13th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 9/1

Zizou’s Thoughts: This team has more three-named Englishmen on this team than an Oxford Prep academy. People outside of England also play football, Bryn. But Inter Miami remains among the younger teams in the league and that is by design. Constantly turning over blue chip prospects at a rapid rate, either in trades or through promotion, the wheels are constantly in motion for Inter Miami. And Sean Dyche is just the man to whip these boys into shape. But will it be enough or are they stuck in the Arsenal-sized black hole?

LAFC (30/3)
      Owner: Zizou
      Assistant Manager: Erik ten Hag
      Top Earner: Ansu Fati
      Lowest Earner: Karl Jakob Hein
      Key Player: Ansu Fati
      Hot Prospect: Youssoufa Moukoko
      Zizou’s Key Player: Dominik Szoboszlai
      Oldest Player: Krépin Diatta, 21
      Youngest Player: Ansu Fati, 17

Last Season Prediction: 6th
      Last Season Finish: 5th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 1st
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 9/4

Key Categories led: Concentration, Average Height

Zizou’s Thoughts: It’s not every year that I have a player like Ansu Fati and Youssoufa Moukoko at my disposal in the same year, at the same age or near. Even without Fati, there is Esposito, as tantelizing the prospect of a tandem that there was a meme about it.

It’s hard to play this game and have to actually accrue the talent, as well. That is the addictive part. But I have and I’m damn well excited about it. I’ll make no bones about this being the one I want to win the most, but it’s the one I’m least certain of competing in because the competition is so tough and results are so fickle. If not for LAFC’s depth, I would think that this is a crapshoot not capable of winning. But because of it, I’ll say… it’s still a crapshoot but we have a few bullets in the gun.

LAS VEGAS LIGHTS (30/3)
      Owner: Mark
      Assistant Manager: Tite
      Captain: Declan Rice
      Top Earner: Nicolò Zaniolo
      Lowest Earner: Maximilian Beier
      Key Player: Nicolò Zaniolo
      Hot Prospect: Marco Kana
      Zizou’s Key Player: Pedro Porro
      Oldest Player: Luis Maximiano, 21
      Youngest Player: Eduardo Camavinga, 17

Last Season Prediction: 1st
      Last Season Finish: 3rd
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 4th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 5/1

Key Categories led: Dribbling, Anticipation, Determination, Vision

Zizou’s Thoughts: Las Vegas lost some extremely valuable players from the previous season. Erling Haaland was promoted, leaving a gaping hole that I don’t know if Mark was expecting. Mark’s clubs have always competed for the crown and this season, they have nearly all positions covered by a blue chip prospect. With the exception of wing back, they are exceptionally deep and can present a multitude of lineup formations. We will see if Las Vegas have anything but the 3-5-2 to offer up and if this year will be just as fortunate as the last one.

CLUB DE FOOT MONTRÉAL (30/3)
      Owner: Luigi
      Assistant Manager: Simone Inzaghi
      Top Earner: Dejan Kulusevski
      Lowest Earner: Jamal Musiala
      Key Player: Dejan Kulusevski
      Hot Prospect: Rayan Cherki
      Zizou’s Key Player: Moise Kean
      Oldest Player: Gedson Fernandes, 21
      Youngest Player: Jamal Musiala, 17

Last Season Prediction: 3rd
      Last Season Finish: 4th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 5th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 11/2

Key Categories led: Decision Making, Technique

Zizou’s Thoughts: Montréal face the uphill prospect of overcoming expectations in every league. Juventus and Parma are expected to compete, if not win, and Luigi’s club Montréal will have its mettle tested in u21. Capable of wrecking any league Montréal’s dynamos the likes of Jamal Musiala and Rayan Cherki have got to look forward to the challenge that awaits them. Although the rebranding suits, this side is very much similar to the one that lined up last season. It wouldn’t be a stretch to see them allowing Luigi to compete for the treble. This multi-cultural side has flair for the dramatic. Their title challenge could be one of the finer chapters in the story of Liga, if only the pen has enough ink to reach the end.

NEWELL’S OLD BOYS (30/2)
      Owner: Kawai
      Assistant Manager: Frank Lampard
      Captain: Sebastiaan Bornauw
      Top Earner: Rodrygo
      Lowest Earner: Tyrick Mitchell
      Key Player: Tariq Lamptey
      Hot Prospect: Alfie Devine
      Zizou’s Key Player: Jean-Clair Todibo
      Oldest Player: Ibrahima Diallo, 21
      Youngest Player: Naci Ünüvar, 17

Last Season Prediction: 10th
      Last Season Finish: 9th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 7th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 6/1

Zizou’s Thoughts: In what presents as arguably Kawai’s, the former Hawkeye, best shot at a league trophy, NOB will see Fat Frank at the helm looking to shut up their biggest doubters, themselves. Typically, I would look at squad depth, strengths and weaknesses to make a determination of its odds in the upcoming season. But it’s very different for Kawai and especially with this team. This team is largely his own, his first, his original. When that is ever the case, you notice that you tend to care a little more about those players. Kawai is looking to adapt, to learn and to grow into a contender. Knowledge is power in all things Liga. How much he manages the course of the season in this league in particular will be the only determining factor in the kind of season it finishes to be. Viva Newell’s, Carajo.

NEW YORK RED BULLS (30/3)
      Owner: JR
      Assistant Manager: Nuno Espirito Santo
      Captain: Bruno Méndez
      Top Earner: Coutinho
      Lowest Earner: Facundo Medina
      Key Player: Martin Zubimendi
      Hot Prospect: Exequiel Zeballos
      Zizou’s Key Player: Timothy Weah
      Oldest Player: Hugo Souza, 21
      Youngest Player: Yunus Musah, 17

Last Season Prediction: 11th
      Last Season Finish: 10th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 9th

Key Categories led: Crossing, Agility

Zizou’s Thoughts: It should be a compliment that I see the United 4-4-2 from days past in what he largely tries to do. A similar thing worked a few seasons ago. But this team will need something different. Sure, they can cross from the wing but can they make the most of their possession or send hopeless shots off target or turn it over? I told JR the other day that I was impressed with his squad depth. He had addressed every position and seemingly every player role. There also exists a level of passing that I’ve seen from these players that makes them a viable threat in the league. The difference, as always will be… consistency between the sticks and enough put into the net on the other side. It sounds simple enough. United, the real club, is still trying to figure it out.

OTTAWA ATLETICO (30/2)
      Owner: Curtinho
      Assistant Manager: Steven Gerrard
      Captain: Curtis Jones
      Top Earner: Alphonso Davies
      Lowest Earner: Marley Aké
      Key Player: Alphonso Davies
      Hot Prospect: Gavi
      Zizou’s Key Player: Donyell Malen
      Oldest Player: Donyell Malen, 21
      Youngest Player: Louie Barry, 17

Last Season Prediction: 12th
      Last Season Finish: 11th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 6th

Key Categories led: Flair, Free-Kick Taking, Corners

Zizou’s Thoughts:Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
      I took the one less traveled by,
      And that has made all the difference.

Curtinho can finally hail his most personal collection. After more than half a decade of moving players in and out, Curt has finally begun to settle as the taste of soup has reached that peak. Who knows how long this will last. Perhaps if expectations aren’t met, we will see much more action. But consider me impressed, as the lineup he has formulated has been shaped in his image. Florian Wirtz, Ryan Gravenberch, Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David, Sven Botman… the team has it all in abundance. And stakes is high.

PALMEIRAS (30/3)
      Owner: evilo
      Assistant Manager: Lucien Favre
      Captain: Maxence Caqueret
      Top Earner: Wesley Fofana
      Lowest Earner: Yusuf Demir
      Key Player: Matteo Guendouzi
      Hot Prospect: Yusur Demir
      Zizou’s Key Player: Takefusa Kubo
      Oldest Player: Youssouf Fofana, 21
      Youngest Player: Yusuf Demir, 17

Last Season Prediction: 5th
      Last Season Finish: 7th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 10th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 7/1

Key Categories led: Balance

Zizou’s Thoughts: I actually had to look up if evilo had ever won a U21 crown before. I was shocked to realize that he hadn’t. In what is seemingly another chance for Palmeiras to bring home the illusive crown, they will find their bucket full in their ascent up the table. Creativity and field vision are qualities in abundance for the Alviverde. Nothing but excellence is demanded by their supporters and they have the moxie required. You know they will possess the ball but will they be able to generate enough from that kind of play to kill the games off that they need to. Palmeiras has a history of drawing games it needed to win and losing games it needed to win or draw. That, there — quite simply, is the key.

SANTOS LAGUNA (30/3)
      Owner: james
      Assistant Manager: Julian Nagelsmann
      Captain: Ethan Ampadu
      Top Earner: Luke Thomas
      Lowest Earner: Anis Ben Slimane
      Key Player: Luke Thomas
      Hot Prospect: Willy Kambwala
      Zizou’s Key Player: Ethan Ampadu
      Oldest Player: Kamil Grabara, 21
      Youngest Player: Metinho,17
      Average Age: 18

Last Season Prediction: 14th
      Last Season Finish: 14th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 14th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 13/1

Zizou’s Thoughts: Look in the mirror, what do you see? Your reflection? Your past? Your future? Things that were? Things that are? Things that will be? Do you ever dream? Do you ever allow your dreams to escape your hands? Do you ever let them allow you to believe? Do you ever lose yourself in them? Dreams can lend one to feel hope. And hope is a wonderful thing. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

SEATTLE SOUNDERS (30/3)
      Owner: Santiger Munez
      Assistant Manager: Luis Enrique
      Captain: Boubakary Soumaré
      Top Earner: Moussa Diaby
      Lowest Earner: Gianluca Busio
      Key Player: Alexander Isak
      Hot Prospect: Nico Serrano
      Zizou’s Key Player: Giovanni Reyna
      Oldest Player: Arne Maier, 21
      Youngest Player: Nico Serrano, 17

Last Season Prediction: 7th
      Last Season Finish: 13th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 3rd
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 9/2

Key Categories led: First Touch, Acceleration, Pace

Zizou’s Thoughts: If there’s one thing Santi likes, it’s Mericans. This team has some of the best. If there’s another thing Santi likes, it’s fancy footballers. The skill possessed by Seattle’s best shant be rained out of them, at least not until late season. Seattle last made an impressive run years ago but can claim the credit of a Dynasty Cup championship. It will need a similar effort from Gio Reyna and co to live up to the Sounder glory days. Effort will be key as Seattle lack some of the muscle as some of the more physical teams in the league.

VASCO DA GAMA (29/2)
      Owner: Xavi4life
      Assistant Manager: Juninho Pernambucano
      Captain: Manuel Ugarte
      Top Earner: Tete
      Lowest Earner: Marcos Leonardo
      Key Player: Tete
      Hot Prospect: Matías Palacios
      Zizou’s Key Player: Antony
      Oldest Player: Maximiliano Romero, 21
      Youngest Player: Kayky Chagas, 17

Last Season Prediction: 4th
      Last Season Finish: 2nd
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 12th
      Odds to win Championship (FM): 15/2

Key Categories led: Finishing, Penalties

Zizou’s Thoughts: Did I say skill? It is a bloody mystery to me how Xavi can have a job and a life, and another job related to his main job, and students, and a live-in girlfriend, and a dog, and family and still have time to ask me, “Have you heard of this kid, Kayky Chagas?” I hadn’t heard of this kid. I don’t know if anyone had. But Xavi had and by now, we all have too. I’ve gotten used to that. Matias Arezo was a nobody the first time I hard Xavi say his name. Manuel Ugarte is still a relatively unknown in most parts of the world. But it seems another gem has been discovered. If Xavi owned a factory where he cranked out these prospects, he’d have a monopoly of quality and skill. And that’s considering his stated ‘No Madrid’ policy, shared with Zizou, having lost Vini Jr., Rodrygo Goes and Éder Militão, as a result. But he’s carried on, having won 2 then u22 Championships along the way. Last season saw Vasco make a run but run out of gas at the end. It should be expected that they can replicate that effort again. This season, however, if there’s any part of this that is unfavorable it’s that his team is very young and very unproven. As with most things for Vasco, it will have to come the hard way. Though I don’t think they’d mind it.

WYDAD AC (30/3)
      Owner: Xerxes
      Assistant Manager: Gennaro Gattuso
      Captain: Zinho Vanheusden
      Top Earner: Trincão
      Lowest Earner: Luca Unbehaun
      Key Player: Alexis Saelemaekers
      Hot Prospect: Mohamed Daramy
      Zizou’s Key Player: Dusan Vlahović
      Oldest Player: Myziane Maolida, 21
      Youngest Player: Mohamed Taabouni, 18

Last Season Prediction: 8th
      Last Season Finish: 8th
      This Season Predicted Finish (FM): 8th

Key Categories led: Off The Ball

Zizou’s Thoughts: It’s really been a while since I can remember another u21 club of Xerxes that had as imposing a Starting XI as this. João Felix was lost to promotion but they’ve not felt the effects of it. New acquisitions of Zinho Vanheusden, Mikkel Damsgaard, Ersin Destanoğlu and Stanley Nsoki may prove pivotal in their hunt to move into the top half of the table, where owners strive to be at all costs. There is no clear leader in the club behind Vanheusden and there are concerns in terms of depth if some of the key Starting XI players miss any long stretch. But the speed and skill possessed could lend itself to attractive attacking football with all eyes on Wydad in their hope for greatness.

Notes:

– Flamengo has the highest Average Player Salary and the highest Average Player Value at $1.572 million/$7.5 million.

– Santos Laguna is the youngest team in the league.

– Wydad, Seattle and Columbus are the oldest teams in the league.

– Montréal and Seattle lead the league with the most internationally capped players with eight.

– The youngest player in the league is Jude Bellingham (Inter Miami).

– Mason Mount (Flamengo) is the highest-rated player in the league.

– Nico Serrano (Seattle) is the shortest player in the league at 5’3″.

– Montréal is the most diverse team in the league, representing 20 nationalities.

FM Predicted XI of the season:
      GK: Meslier (Newell’s)
      RB: Porro (Las Vegas)
      CB: Bastoni (Montréal)
      CB: Rice (Las Vegas)
      LB: Davies (Ottawa)
      RM: Kulusevski (Montréal)
      CM: Mount (Flamengo)
      CM: Havertz (Flamengo)
      LM: Diaby (Seattle)
      ST: Leão (Flamengo)
      ST: Fati (LAFC)

FM Golden Boot Predictions:
      01. Fati (LAFC), 4-1
      02. Greenwood (Flamengo), 11-2
      03. Vlahović (Wydad), 6-1
      04. Malen (Ottawa), 7-1
      05. Zaniolo (Las Vegas), 17-2
      06. Leão (Flamengo), 12-1

Zizou’s Predicted Table:
      01. Flamengo
      02. LAFC
      03. Palmeiras
      04. Las Vegas
      05. Montréal
      06. Ottawa
      07. Seattle
      08. Wydad
      09. Vasco
      10. New York
      11. Columbus
      12. Newell’s
      13. Miami
      14. Santos Laguna

Zizou’s Predicted Golden Boot Winner: Mason Greenwood

KawaiKawai

12th!?!

ZizouZizou
        Keymaster

Flamengo held off a fierce title challenge from up-and-comers Newell’s Old Boys, finishing atop the U21 table and winning back to back league titles. Congratulations to ProPAIN and Flamengo for an excellent job well done!

After waiting so long to hoist U21 hardware, Flamengo have done it twice in a row, besting their performance from last year with a 20-win season. Despite their dominant consistency throughout, they did not overtake Newell’s for first until the 16th round but never let up once they did. A high-octane offense as well as the league’s best defense kept Flamengo in high gear all season. Anatoliy Trubin won the Most Outstanding GK Award for U21 by earning an incredible 14 clean sheets during the regular season.

Although Mason Greenwood was off to a potentially Golden Boot winning season, a serious injury caused him to miss the rest of the season. Myron Boadu made up for his absence but it was ultimately Aaron Connolly from league runners up Newell’s Old Boys that won the Golden Boot, as well as the Golden Ball for most Man of the Match awards during the season.

Santos Laguna won their last match of the season, a 13 vs 14 matchup against Columbus Crew with prize money at stake, reversing positions with the Crew thanks to a standout performance from Santos Laguna’s best player, and I would argue their only player, Fabio Vieira, who finished the season with a league-high 12 assists.

jamesjames
          Keymaster

Santos Laguna won their last match of the season, a 13 vs 14 matchup against Columbus Crew with prize money at stake, reversing positions with the Crew thanks to a standout performance from Santos Laguna’s best player, and I would argue their only player, Fabio Vieira, who finished the season with a league-high 12 assists.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by jamesjames.
            ProPAINProPAIN

Thanks Z! I’m glad the moves I made paid off. With Mount, Havertz, Kluivert and James graduating, I have my work cut out to defend the title next season especially seeing the potential from other teams.

I’m actually kind of glad Greenwood didn’t win the scoring title now. I’d hate having that in the club’s history.

Shout out to Hawkeye and Newell’s. Hell of a race!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by ProPAINProPAIN.
              GoonerGooner

Congrats ProPain! Hell of a season for you too Kawai! You two dominated for sure!

KawaiKawai

I’m stoked Zizou picked Newells to finish 12th and we got to go on a run! Brilliant job by the e-lads… I dont know what we did but We’re ganna try to do it again next time!

Cheers Gooner, Z and James! Congrats PP for the title win!

Xavi4lifeXavi4life

Congrats again to Pro and Kawai for impressive seasons. Vasco will look to dethrone both of you next season, we’ll see what happens since my centerbacks aren’t as strong but my attackers are top-notch.

XerxesXerxes

Congratulations PP! This is one of the hardest leagues to win. Lots of competition from everyone… well earned!

X

ProPAINProPAIN

Thanks guys! Much appreciated

JRJR

eviloevilo

Congrats PP, double silverware, fantastic year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The topic ‘Season 20 U-21 Talk’ is closed to new replies.

Dynasty Liga

Season 23